What is the MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test?
The MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Antibody Test is a rapid, qualitative immunochromatographic as- say for the differential detection of IgM & IgG antibodies against SARS CoV-2 virus in human serum, plasma or whole blood samples. The test is intended for the determination of a current or past infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and for monitoring the disease status after SARS-CoV-2 virus infection. The MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test has a sensitivity of 94.55% and a specificity of 97.26%. MEXACARE GmbH is an ISO 13485 certified manufacturer for rapid medical tests.
When should I test with the MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test?
The MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test is intended to complement the RT-PCR tests, which are currently performed in large numbers by doctors, laboratories and public health authorities throug- hout the world in the fight against the novel Corona-Virus SARS-CoV-2.
During the earliest stages of the disease – in the incubation period (according to WHO around 5-6 days on average) and on the first 2-3 days after the onset of symptoms – only RT-PCR can give you satisfac- tory test results as the body has not produced antibodies in detectable quantities.
3-5 days after the onset of the disease‘s symptoms (cough, light fever, sore throat) IgM antibodies can already be detected in the blood. At this point, testing with the MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid test is recommended as positive results can now be obtained. IgG antibodies are produced later by the immune system and are detectable in the body for a long time after recovery. In this way, undetected infections (e.g. infections that proceed without symptoms) or the serological protection of the test sub- ject can be determined.
The advantages of the Mexacare COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test:
- Test device for qualitative and selective detection.
- Fast, easy, inexpensive – No lab equipment needed.
- Safe point of care test with result within 15-20 minutes.
- High Specificity (>97%) allows fast detection of infected people.
- Detection of antibodies even in patients without symptoms.
- Complements RT-PCR as a powerful tool to broadly assess spread of virus.
- Proven reliability through comprehensive clinical study (more than 700 test subjects).
- Important diagnostic gap for the detection of an earlier immune reaction is closed.
- Proof of immunity of patients, and to lift quarantine measures.
- Offers the possibility of effective screening of large parts of the population.
- Compared to competitive products, the MEXACARE COVID-19 IgG/IgM Antibody Test has clearer bands, which makes it easier to read.